Lemon Drizzle This Morning 😋



 I’m feeling a bit better today, Nix says the Prozac is kicking in 🙂 We had a last walk on the beach last night and I did get quite tired but today I feel much better. When we got to the beach this morning there were lots of people waving their arms around. Nix thought they were praising the Lord but no…something to do with keeping calm. I did suggest that Nix might like to join..not amused 🤣






A bit later on we went to the Parish Centre for tea and lemon drizzle cake, very yummy. I was only allowed a couple of very small pieces as I was sick yesterday and I have to be a bit careful…apparently 🙄 Indie came to join us with Jackie and Catherine. I got extra cuddles from Catherine, I think Indie was a bit jealous. 




Nix got a birthday gift from Carol Williamson and she decided to spend it on herself…can you believe it. Anyway I suppose most of her money does go on moi so I won’t begrudge her a couple of cushions because I know she really liked them. So…after lemon drizzle and cuddles we headed down to Caroline Craft’s stall at the Artisans’ market and Nix chose two in her favourite design. She is very pleased with them as they are nice and plump 🙂






This afternoon Alan one of our neighbours came to dig up a small camellia tree that wasn’t doing very well in our garden because the soil isn’t right and they are going to put it in a big pot in their garden. We think our garden looks better because it was a bit crowded before. The sweet peas seem to be growing every day and Nix like to go out and stare at them and she cuts some of the tendril thingies off too. She is also staring at the pot she planted the French Bean seeds in. She is willing them to grow but I think she is being just a little premature. 


Nix’s birthday isn’t actually until Tuesday by the way. She is very impatient and likes to open her presents and cards as they arrive. Her excuse for this is that when you live alone it’s a bit depressing opening them all together with no one to share it with. She likes to open them as they arrive and she gets real enjoyment out of that. Each to their own I guess, I suppose I’d better go out and buy her something. I might buy her lots of doggie treats  so that will save her having to buy them for me. Nix says that’s not quite how it works, she’d prefer a new pair of shoes…weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs