Groomers Today, Short Back and Sides 🙂

 


Nix and I had a lay in this morning as we were out quite late last night having a little drink in town. We met our new friend Linda and while she and Nix had a good chat, I fell asleep on the floor of the bar. It was apparently very noisy and we were glad to be home.



After a short walk down the beach this morning Nix drove me to the groomers. I don’t like it much having the bath but I do like it when it’s finished, I feel lovely and clean. Nix doesn’t like it so much when it’s this short but it’s kinder to me because I don’t have to stand for so long if she just clips it all off. I did the trembling act this morning as Nix was leaving and she said it really upset her but I notice she still managed to visit Tescos where she bought a new hat. When I saw it  in the bag I just assumed it was for me but apparently not. 




We went for a walk on the beach after lunch as Nix was going out to wash a friend’s hair who hadn’t been very well. I had Liz come to look after me and after my initial worry I just went to sleep. I don’t even hear Nix come in these days yet when her phone slipped onto the floor in the middle of the night it made me jump out of my skin.  Nix is beginning to think that my hearing is better than I make out 🫢



Two bits of good news, we’ll one bit of good news and one bit of very excellent news. The good news is that Nix sold her Live Aid programme for £60! That’s just about enough for a new bed as one of the ones I have has seen better days. 



The really excellent news is that The Archers (UK radio drama about country farming folk) are going to use silent fireworks for their big bonfire night. Lots of people listen to The Archers and you can buy them now in some of the supermarkets so I hope for the doggies who can still hear, that it is less scary this year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs