Bit of a Busy Day…

 


Oh dear we’ve had a bit of a day today. It all started out well, we managed to fit a walk in first thing without it raining though it was a bit wet everywhere. When we got home after Nix had dried my wet bits off I went to bed. When Nix came into the bedroom she said I was trembling in my sleep…I don’t remember. Anyway when I woke up she put me in my woolly jumper and turned the heating up and I got up on the sofa and fell sleep with my head in her lap. I don’t remember it but apparently I was trembling a lot while I was asleep. Nix called the emergency vet and thankfully Bron my vet just happened to be there and so we headed over. They only had one appointment left and Nix thought we would just make it but the journey was a disaster. First of all there were temporary traffic light thingies and so we did a u turn and went a different way. Then we got stuck because the level crossing was closed and we had to wait for two trains. By the time we got up onto the main road the rain was so heavy we couldn’t see where we were going. It was quite a dangerous journey, everyone was driving very badly but we made it in the end, just five minutes late. 



So…the outcome!  Bron my vet thinks that the trembling was caused by arthritic pain and she has suggested that I go back on my Paracetamol full time. Nix isn’t sure how I can feel pain while I’m asleep but we trust Bron. She has also said my doughnut beds aren’t very good for me and so Nix has had to buy me a new bed, an orthopaedic one which will be delivered tomorrow. It looks very smart, I’ll get Nix to post a photo. This of course will make six beds so Nix thought she could put one doughnut bed on top of another to make it a bit firmer and she will probably get me one more orthopaedic bed for day time use. Bron also recommended some raised food bowls as the bit of me that has arthritis will benefit from not having to put my head so low. Bron also showed Nix how to massage me to help so I am looking forward to that. 



I am sleeping now so I don’t think we shall be going to the peace vigil as Nix thinks it’s a bit wet for me to stand around. That’s a shame but I’m sure there will be a good turn out.


PS It’s not because I’ve had my hair cut as I was trembling a bit before then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs