Getting Ready for the Summer Fayre 🙂

 I don’t know why Nix is asleep on the sofa, it’s not like she did a lot today. Must have been the gardening and drawer tidying that has done it. Oh yes there is the ironing and I suppose and I did get quite a good groom. Anyway she’s awake now and I’ve got her working. 



This morning we took some of the stuff Nix had sorted out for the Summer Fayre on Saturday round to Joy’s. She lives in the same road as the church so she very kindly lets us store it in her garage until Saturday. There was lots of bric a brac and second hand clothes, I think it’s going to be a really good day as long as it doesn’t rain. When Nix checked a couple of days ago it looked like it was going to rain all day but it’s changed now to the possibility of just a little in the morning. Let’s hope by Saturday the rain has all gone away. Last year we helped on the book stall but this year we are just going to go round and say hello to everyone. There is going to be medieval stocks and you can throw wet sponges at whoever is in there, I’d like to watch that. When Nix lived in the London they put their vicar in there and changed the wet sponges for custard pies…just saying  ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ We stayed and had a cup of tea with Joy which was very nice. I fell asleep in her garden, I’m getting as bad as Nix 🙄



When we left Joy’s we went to B&Q to buy some compost and some little pots so Nix can take some fuschia cuttings for her friends. The fuschia was originally from Nix’s mum many decades ago and each year she takes some cuttings to keep it going. They had this really weird grass in there, apparently you can wash it. Doesn’t look very diggable to me, don’t think I’ll bother 🙂



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs