Bit Bored Today 😕



 Haven’t really had that much in the way of walks today. I suppose I did get a reasonable one this morning on the beach but after that Nix has been a bit busy. We had the café this morning but I generally sleep through that. I did wake up when a new chap arrived holding a big poster for our church fayre on Saturday. He said, “Is it okay if I leave this here…”  Nix thought he was a delivery man with a nice new poster for us but no, he was from the local council and he’d taken it down from where it had been placed because it was deemed as fly tipping. I think that’s really mean because it is a charity but he told us we were lucky he didn’t destroy it because that’s what he does with all the other fly tipping stuff. Nix and Hilary were very polite to him, I wouldn’t have been, I’d have told him what he could do with it but then I’m just a dog. Unfortunately there are two more so Nix says we’ll probably be getting those back too 🫢



Speaking of fly tipping the really annoying thing is that some people have dumped huge ugly pieces of wood on our beach which is a local nature reserve and they’ve been made into a seat. They look awful and we have lots of benches for people to sit on. Nix reported them to the council weeks ago and they’re still there yet they took our sign down…I think that’s really mean. I sense an email about to go out 🙂





This afternoon Jackie came to sit with me while Nix went to get her eyes looked at. Apparently she had this lovely Italian man who was very nice to her. He kept saying, Oh my God…you need help…” and then laughing and saying, “I’m going to help you…” Then when he took a scan of both of Nix’s eyes he came back and said, “Oh no, we only have a scan of your hair and that is no good but you have beautiful hair…” Nix had to get her fringe out of the way while they did it again. Anyway she does have the membrane thingies, they’re called posterior capsular lens opacity in both eyes and they are ‘severe’ so no wonder she has trouble reading. Hopefully she’ll get seen now quite quickly. Mr Italian man said her eyes looked like frosted windows…I don’t think that was a compliment but don’t tell Nix. 




We had a walk into town this evening and bumped into Rev Andrew in the churchyard which was very nice but apart from that I’ve been quite bored. Tomorrow our friend Beth was coming down from London but she’s cancelled as she can’t find a dog sitter. Looks like we’ll have the whole day free tomorrow so hopefully make up for the boredom of today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs