Wet Wet Wet And More Wet 😕

 This morning I woke Nix up at 6am. She let me out in the garden, I went and had a wee and then I came back in and went back to bed. Nix did the same, well not the wee in the garden obviously and she went back to sleep. I had to wake her up again at 9am and it was all a bit of a rush to get to church on time. I didn’t wake up once in church until after Nix had taken communion and Sally was looking after me anyway. When Nix came back I went straight back to sleep again. After church they had the Annual Parochial Church Meeting which basically means me having another sleep. 



After the meeting we went for a little walk on the beach and  I noticed Nix’s poo bags were matching her wellies and in fact her trousers too 🙂 She was very pink 🫢



After our talk on dementia yesterday and how to make our church a dementia friendly church Nix and I thought it might be quite helpful just to mention a couple of things that people with dementia and their carers might find difficult. As I have so many followers all over the world we think it’s a good way to let lots of people have the information.



A black floor mat can be very confusing for dementia sufferers because they may see it as a black hole and won’t step on it. 

Shiny floors aren’t very good as they can look like ice to a sufferer. 

Glass table tops can be very confusing likewise white cups on a white table or in a white cupboard. 

We learned that whilst a sufferer might completely forget what you did together that morning they won’t ever forget the feeling it gave them. Hopefully it’s helpful to carers to know that. Nix and I thought it was very interesting and we are looking forward to the Church of the Good Shepherd Shoreham Beach becoming a dementia friendly church. 


Tomorrow hopefully we are getting a visit from Willow and obviously Sheila and Ron will be coming too. We are really looking forward to seeing them 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs