A Walk Down By The Houseboats Today 🙂



 It was very cold in the spare bedroom last night. Nix likes to get up in the middle of the night to have a wee and they say I have a weak bladder. Anyway last night it was apparently freezing. The bed in there is further away from the French doors so it should be warmer but apparently not. I’ve still got two of my beds in the main bedroom so I spent the night in there in my donut bed. When I say I spent the night in there that would be when I wasn’t in the bathroom digging. I haven’t done that for ages, not sure what came over me but I was warned after the third go that I would be made to stay in the cold bedroom with Nix with the door closed. After that I curled up in one of my favourite donut beds in the proper bedroom and went to sleep. I don’t like all this moving bedrooms, it makes me feel insecure. 



I woke Nix up early so we could get a good walk in before Kay was visiting with the foam for my steps. Unbelievably the foam is almost exactly the same size as the cover that Sara made. As soon as the boxes arrive later Nix says I can try it out…I see a lot of bribery treats in the future 🫢Nix and Kay were so busy talking that Nix completely forgot to take a photo of Kay and moi. When the steps are done Kay will have to come round again and we can take a photo of moi on them 🤣



This afternoon we have walked down by the houseboats and over to Adur Rec and had a walk through the little wood. As you know I like to stop and smell…a lot… and there was one time when I thought I’d lost Nix and I panicked a bit and started running in the wrong direction. I don’t hear so well these days but thankfully Nix was shouting really loudly and I did hear her. She says she’s going to order a whistle today and hopefully I’ll be able to hear that better. She wants to know how come I can hear her clearing her throat at night and run away but I can’t hear her shouting me during the day. Answers on a postcard please 🥰



Rita is coming to sit with me tonight because Nix is going off to her Lent Course. It’s called ‘the love you had at first’ and I expect it will be about the day Nix met me for the first time 😇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs