Unsuccessful Trip to the Recycling Centre 😔



 The mood in the Fripp household is not good. Nix wanted to dump her broken sun lounger at the tip and since the virus thingy you have to book an appointment on line. Nix did this last week and she had to put in all her details including her car registration and address etc. She got the lounger into the boot of the car this morning and off we went with a promise of a visit to Hove lagoon when we were done. She should have read the not so small print because when we arrived at the tip the man asked for proof of identity. Nix got out her bank card and he said that was no good as she had to have proof that she actually lived in the area. She explained that she had given that on line along with her registration number but he wouldn’t budge. She explained that she only had one sun lounger but he said that they couldn’t take it without proof of her address. She asked what the point was of filling in the form online and he didn’t have an answer so we had to leave. You have to drive through the centre to get out and there wasn’t one single car there. There were a lot of workers standing around doing nothing and Nix was fuming. She doesn’t get angry very often but when she does I find it’s best to keep clear so I kept my head down in the back 🫢



Amazingly we did get to Hove lagoon and as soon as we got there I had the runs. Nix then realised she only had one poo bag and it basically went downhill from there…literally 🤣 We did get a couple of photos but we came home quicker than planned. Nix now has a bad tummy too so we think we might both have a lie down. 



Nix thinks I had a bad tum because she tried my food with less vegetables to make it tastier for me and it might have been a bit rich for me. We don’t think it was the tripe treats as I haven’t had one for a couple of days. Anyway I feel much better now and I’m going to nurse Nix. I can’t make her a cup of tea but I can gaze at her adoringly. I do know that the ‘adoring’ gaze is the same as the ‘I want to go out now’ gaze but it’s the thought that counts…apparently 🙂



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs