Busy Busy Day…for Nix

 


Nix has been very busy today I hardly know where to start but I’ll probably start by having a little rest as I’m exhausted just watching her!



It all started after our morning walk. As soon as she’d had her breakfast out came the stepladders and the tin of paint and she was off. She hadn’t got very far before she decided that this was going to be very boring but she was determined to continue. I’m quite impressed really as she’s got one of the walls done already and I think it looks very nice. It still has to have a second coat and when the windows are painted white I think it will be very smart indeed and I shall very much like to nap in there. I am unsure of Nix on the step ladders but she tells me she only needs one hand to paint and she has the other one to hold on to the roof 🙏




Just before we set out for the woods at Southwick Hill guess what arrived...my footstool to help me on the bed. Unfortunately it came in pieces which Nix said ruined our walk because all she could think about was would she be able to put it together and if she couldn’t, who should she ask to help. Be warned all of you that live within striking distance of Shoreham, you’re on her list 🤣



We got back from our walk and Nix started immediately on the footstool and was trying to work out what went where when the phone rang. Guess who it was, it was the hospital to ask her if she’d like to come and get her other eye done next week. This would appear to be very exciting indeed but does take quite a bit of organising because I can’t stay on my own for five hours. Hopefully Jackie next door will sit with me but she is busy in the afternoon. They didn’t tell Nix what time she’s going but she thinks it will be early in the morning again in which case all will be well 🙂



Miraculously the footstool is finished and Nix is having a little rest on the bed with me before she starts on the summerhouse again. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs