The Day After Storm Eunice…

 


We had a lovely lie in this morning...well when I say ‘we’ what I really mean is Nix because as you know I am ready to go out bright and early. Why she was so tired I really don’t know because let’s face it she didn’t do a lot yesterday. Most of it was spent sitting around and complaining about the weather and how dirty the windows were but that’s humans for you. Anyway I let her have a little lie in before I made it clear in my own special way that I was ready to go out 😇



The weather was so much better today, still quite windy but the sun was out and it wasn’t too cold. We walked up the boardwalk to the old fort and stopped off at the Pollinator for a cup of tea and a croissant. The two Tibetan terriers were there and do you know, they get a whole croissant between them...that doesn’t seem very fair really. 



Anyway I have a new trick that I thought you might like to hear about. There are these plants that grow on the beach that can make your tummy a bit upset if you eat them. Now there is no way I am going to eat plants when there are dead fish around but I do know that if Nix thinks I am eating them she will call me and when I run straight to her she will give me a treat. It worked four times this morning and I got a large chunk of croissant too, Nix felt bad because the Tibetans were getting so much😇



I have to tell you that there are lots of very kind people around. Sometimes people send me things and sometimes people send Nix things. She got two bunches of flowers after she had her cataract thingy fixed and lots of people to help her do things. Anyway just over a week ago a lovely Beardie lady called Susan Bosak sent Nix an Amazon voucher  from America which was very kind of her. Obviously that voucher was meant for moi but do you knows what…Nix has spent it on herself! I thought I was going to get a new bed which would fit in the bedroom because if Nix coughs or clears her throat in the night I jump off the bed. I then  spend the rest of the night either on the bedroom floor or in my bed in the lounge on my own. I thought if I had a bed in the bedroom I could go in that but her excuse is that because it’s coming from America, a bed would be too big to ship. So Nix gets a new top for the summer and I get nothing, that definitely doesn’t seem very fair to me 🙄



It’s 3pm and I’ve not been out since this morning.  I know we didn’t get back until 11am but even so I wouldn’t mind going out again. It’s been raining very hard though so no chance of that but Nix is very pleased as it’s cleaned all the dirt off the windows from yesterday’s storm 🙂



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs