Walk With Indie, my New Neighbour

 Today Nix and I are very sad for Jan Cobley.  Cleo her wonderful medic alert dog for so many years sadly went to the bridge in the early hours of this morning.  Cleo was absolutely brilliant at knowing when Jan was going to get sick and she could alert her so she could deal with it. They went everywhere together but recently while Cleo has been fading Jan has had to go alone. We know Cleo will still be  watching over you Jan even though you can’t see her.



Nix and I went for a lunchtime wander mainly because I was bored and didn’t want to wait until 2pm when we were meeting Indie for a walk. After some time of staring Nix finally did her usual, “Oh for goodness sake, I might as well just stop what I’m doing and take you out…” She’d actually got her coat on before she remembered she’d been trying to glam up her hair and still had all those foil thingies in. We can only be grateful she remembered before we went out. 



This afternoon we have been for a walk down the beach with Indie who as you know is my new neighbour. Indie really likes to sniff…for quite a long time. Nix had the brilliant idea of getting Catherine her human to drop the lead and we’d all walk off. Obviously, thought Nix, Indie would panic and come running after us. I should say the success rate of that out of a score of 10 would be nil. Indie just stayed exactly where she was and carried on sniffing and Catherine had to go back and get her. We went in for tea and biscuits in their house afterwards and I jumped straight into Indie’s toys. I think she tried to tell me off but to be honest I’m not sure. Anyway I decided to start barking…a lot just to let everyone know who’s boss. That didn’t work too well as I was put on my lead and made to sit down 🤭 Then Barney came down and I was very pleased to see him because he and Catherine used to take me for walks when the virus thingy first started and Nix wasn’t allowed to go out much. We are having Christmas lunch with them and I think we are very lucky to have such lovely neighbours. I did hear mentioned the fact there will be crackers but I don’t think they will scare me, I shall be very brave 😇




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs