The New Sky Box is Set Up and I’ve Been to the River!

 Today is soooo much better than yesterday because the sun is sort of out. It didn’t start off so well because Nix wasn’t feeling too good. She said she woke up feeling sick because she’d dreamt about someone eating a really greasy bacon sandwich. She’s a perky pescatarian so that didn’t go down too well. Then she decided that maybe she’d only dreamt about the really greasy bacon sandwich because she was already feeling sick in her sleep. Seriously...you see...this is what I have to put up with. Anyway she had her early morning Zoom thingy and she felt better after she’d chatted with her friends. 



Now because I hadn’t done the poopies on our first walk round the block Nix took me out again but I still didn’t do the business as Nix puts it. That meant of course I got to go out again a bit later and Nix thought she’d better take me for a good long walk down the river bank. Boy that was muddy...and slippy...very slippy 😱 I was way ahead of course because I don’t do the slipping but I could hear the occasional scream. Each time I turned round to look, Nix was slithering along the mud vowing never to bring me back there ever again.  She had my bag of poo (which I’d done immediately we got there) tied to the lead which was round her neck and every time there was a gust of wind, it flew over her shoulder... she’s so embarrassing. At one point Nix stopped to speak to another dog walker and I heard her say it was so slippy it was like Dancing on Ice...I think not, there is a certain amount of elegance involved in that which was clearly missing and as Craig Revel Horwood would say...”It was a disaster darling!”





We finally got home covered in mud but guess what, the Sky viewing card had arrived. This cheered Nix up immensely and she set about getting the new box set up. Nothing worked of course as expected until Nix finally twigged she’d put the old batteries in the remote. New batteries installed, Sky is working and Nix is very happy. I’m asleep on the bed with my very muddy feet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs