Church Of The Good Shepherd Christmas Fayre

 


It is soooo windy here Nix and I both nearly got blown over. When we woke up this morning we looked out of the window and everywhere was soaking wet. Nix put my waterproof fleecy lined coat on and she had her waterproof trousers and wellington boots and hat and gloves and when we opened the front door it wasn’t raining at all and was actually quite warm if a little windy. To say that we rather stood out from the crowd is probably a bit of an understatement I think. 






I woke up just in time to set out for the church Christmas fair. We parked down the road and walked the last bit. It was really windy, Nix couldn’t get my door open as the wind kept blowing it shut. Eventually we made it and finally got to the church and guess what, I got to go into Santa’s Gotto but I didn’t get a present. I did however get a sausage when we went into the church hall and Nix had lemon drizzle of course. It was really crowded in there with lots of stalls and everyone was trying to get past me and in the end we did leave a little bit earlier than we planned. That’s a shame because Nix actually won something in the raffle for the first time ever but she wasn’t there to choose her prize so she’s trusting it to Jill who is our lovely fundraiser. I think she might get a voucher for something. 




It’s going to rain all night tonight so Nix has said I wont be able to have the door open all night. She says she won’t mind me waking her up to let me out as it’s just this once. I probably won’t want to go out anyway if it’s raining. We have been looking again at dog flaps because Nix found out that you can put them in double glazed doors and I think I should like that. They are quite expensive and we’d have to pay someone to install it but Nix is looking into it for me. There isn’t a step out to the garden so as long as it doesn’t have to go too high I think I could manage it πŸ™‚ 



I’m really glad we didn’t walk into town today over the footbridge, something has happened to it and it looks quite dangerous. Thankfully it is getting fixed as we speak πŸ™‚



Comments

  1. The Christmas fair looks like it as fun- sausages and lemon drizzle - yum! I am sorry you are having not so nice weather there. My weather isn't much better, not vey windy but dark cloudy and damp. Next week will not be much better. I am happy that the footbridge is being taken care of quickly. Have a lovely evening. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s My Birthday Tomorrow πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

For All Of Fripp’s Followers πŸ™‚

RIP Fripp 5.1.2010 - 8.2.25 πŸ˜ͺ