Storm Ashley Today…



 Well we’ve had a very wet and windy day today thanks to storm Ashley but not as bad as those up north. We hope and pray that everyone up there stays safe.  When we went out first thing the rain had stopped for a while so we didn’t get too wet. I only had a short nap before we set out for church. Nix was on welcoming duty and that means we have to get there quite a bit it earlier than normal. I generally get straight in my bed and go to sleep. When Nix is on welcoming she has to get up quite a few times to take the collection and to show people up for communion. Rita came and sat with so, I wasn’t on my own but I think Nix might have attached my long lead to the pew leg just to be certain I didn’t follow her up the aisle. 



When we were having coffee afterwards I made everyone laugh because I stuck my head through the handles of Kay’s handbag and it looked like I’d got right inside her bag. It made her granddaughter laugh a lot. I got some ginger biscuit which was very nice. 




We hadn’t been home long when I wanted to go out again. I had been asleep for a long time in church and so I think I deserved a walk into town. Thankfully it had stopped raining and we didn’t get too wet. It was very windy though and I didn’t really enjoy the walk and I do sometimes put the brakes on and Nix has to bribe me with treats. 



Tomorrow we are getting a visit from Tracy so I am looking forward to that. We are also getting a visit from the Sky engineer to get rid of the subtitles on our telly. Every time Nix changes channel they come back on and I think she will be very glad to see the back of them. 



Guess what, last night Nix’s vaccination site didn’t hurt at all to keep her awake and her arm wasn’t itching and keeping her awake either. Pity I woke her up at 5am so I could go out and stargaze. Beardies take note if you are planning the same trick then you have at least once a week actually have a pee otherwise the humans don’t let you out. 


PS There is a big white paper dove arrived in church…

Comments

  1. You are so funny Fripp! I am glad it quit raining so you could enjoy your walk. It did look like you were in the handbag! Enjoy your visit with Tracy tomorrow. See you then. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s My Birthday Tomorrow 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

RIP Fripp 5.1.2010 - 8.2.25 😪