Down By The River…
It’s been quite a restful day today, Nix spent most of it thinking it was Saturday. For this reason we decided to go on our river walk like we used to do every Saturday when we lived in Hove. We went to look at the memorial for the 11 men who died in the Shoreham air crash. Nix and I were running a little late on that fateful Saturday nine years ago and so we never made it to Shoreham. We wouldn’t have been in any danger but the loud explosion on the road above us would have really scared me…I probably would have run and run. I managed a little paddle today in the river but Nix kept me on the lead so I was safe. Remember the last time we went there and I got trapped in the river and couldn’t climb out. It was when my back legs were first going and Nix didn’t realise. A very nice man got down on his hands and knees to pull me out when his own stupid dog threw itself at me and nearly drowned me. Nix says that is a slight exaggeration as the water was only about two inches deep.
We hadn’t been back long when Rita messaged to say she was on her way back to Shoreham. She came round for a lovely cuddle and a cup of tea. I do like Rita but I do worry a bit when I see her in case she has come to look after me while Nix goes out. Actually this morning Nix went out twice without me and both times I woke up but I went back to sleep again, I was very brave. Nix went to get her Covid vaccination and she was gone for about 20 minutes. A bit later she had to pop round to our neighbour Edith’s house and I stayed on my own then. I don’t mind really because I sleep a lot.
Speaking of sleeping I did wake Nix up twice last night. I woke up at 2am and then again at 5am. It’s a good job we don’t go to our early morning meditation any longer. I do miss the croissants but Nix bought a couple on her way back from having her Covid vaccination so it was a bit like old times. We even saw Rita but I’m afraid the croissants were all gone π










I am glad you are able to stay alone for a short time. We all need our naps as we get older!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are very brave. Have a pleasant evening. Sending hugs. xxoo