It’s Still Raining πŸ˜•



 I can’t believe it’s been raining again, all day too. I’m getting a bit fed up with being wet all the time and I think Nix is too. We set out for church this morning and we’d only just gone a few steps when it started to rain so we came home and Nix drove us in. We have to park in a car park nearby which is a bit annoying because if someone parks next to us Nix can’t get the side door open wide enough for my step and we still have to walk from there so we still get wet. I can tell you it’s not very nice sitting in a cold church when you’re a bit wet πŸ₯Ά



This afternoon we gave Trish a lift to church as she was collecting the details from the prayer book. I had a bit of a rest but to be honest I was glad when we got home so I could get into my bed and dry off properly. Nix says it’s going to be sunny tomorrow so I think we will be able to go somewhere nice for our walk. In the morning we shall be going to the Parish Centre for tea and cake…I’m looking forward to that πŸ˜‹



Kim Davis Wicker was asking Nix yesterday if she had ever posted the recipe for my custard cream balls. Well the answer to that is no she hasn’t though she has sent the recipe out to a lot of people who have messaged her. I have suggested she puts it on the blog so all you dogs out there can pretend not to want to take your meds and then you get the edible custard balls…yum πŸ˜‹


They’re very easy to make especially if you have one of those mixer thingies. Nix doesn’t so she has to use a wooden spoon and boy does she make a mess, there’s usually icing sugar everywhere. Anyway they are very easy (Nix can make them) and you just have twice as much icing sugar as butter. Nix said to start off small as you probably won’t need as many as I do so…

50gms softened butter

100 gms icing sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla essence

1 tablespoon custard powder



Mix it all together, Nix does it in a basin with a wooden spoon but a mixer might be easier. She puts lots of icing sugar on the chopping board to stop it sticking to the board and her fingers and then she takes chunks of it and rolls it onto a long sausage shape so it’s easy then to just break bits off and roll them into a ball. They then stay in the fridge until needed.  When Nix uses them she presses them down so they have a flat edge and then presses them onto the tablet. After that she sort of folds it round the tablet and then gives it to me…yum πŸ˜‹


We don’t have many photos today but hopefully tomorrow we’ll have lots πŸ™‚ There is one that Jackie took yesterday πŸ™‚

Comments

  1. It has rained here too but we need it. There was a terrible hurricane in the US in Florida yesterday. About 30 people died and there was terrible damage. Please pray for them. The custard cream balls seem easy to make. I hope your rain stops so you can enjoy being outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Apparently I’m Always in the Way