We Didn’t Quite Make It To Truleigh Hill

 


Humans are quite easy to train aren’t they. I find treats work best with our rather special Beardie ‘look’. So basically, if you pretend you don’t want to do something they give you a treat to encourage you to do it. It’s a win win situation and I am using it quite a lot lately. For example, if Nix doesn’t want to go along the beach late at night because it’s too windy or too dark I put the brakes on and pretend that I really really want to walk along the beach in the cold wind and the dark. Nix gives me a treat to encourage me to walk along the road instead of the beach which is what I wanted to do in the first place πŸ™‚ I’m now using it at every junction we arrive at. If Nix wants to go left I pretend that I want to go straight on and out come the treats. It works every time, you must try it my Beardie friends but stand firm when they try to drag you their way. Other humans will come along and stare and they will be too embarrassed to try and drag you any further. In these situations they are very furtive and you need to keep a close eye on the treat coming out of the pocket because they won’t want the other humans to see what they’re doing. 






Nix had a couple of thoughts on where we might go this afternoon. It was a toss up between Truleigh Hill where we have never been before or St Botolph’s church where they serve coffee and cakes in the grounds. In the end Nix was too lazy to drive us to either of them so we ended up in Buckingham Park. I do like it there so I didn’t mind too much and Nix says we can save the other visits for when the sun is out. 







Nix is getting her hair cut tomorrow and she has informed me that my haircuts cost a lot more than hers over the year. I go every six weeks and that costs nearly £500 over the year. Although Nix’s haircut is very expensive she only goes three times a year which costs about £200. I don’t personally see the problem with this however as a chap with a blog has to be kept in tip top condition. Don’t get her started by the way on how much my flushes cost each year, she has to sit down and do some deep breathing every time she thinks about it πŸ™‚



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s My Birthday Tomorrow πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

For All Of Fripp’s Followers πŸ™‚

RIP Fripp 5.1.2010 - 8.2.25 πŸ˜ͺ