Coffee In Town With Jackie And Indie



 Nix thinks summer has arrived, haven’t the heart to tell her it’s going to be raining tomorrow with a touch of thunder. I can’t hear the thunder these days so I’m not bothered. She’s been tidying the garden and complaining about the slug thingies and the weeds but very happy that everything else is thriving. There have been no intruder incidents thank goodness so all was sweetness and light in the garden. Having said that things got a bit frosty when she heard from my insurance company. She had forgotten that the two claims she put in were for different conditions and they were the first claims of the year so £135 excess…on each one!!! She’s not amused, says I’ll have to live on bread and water…as if 🤣






On our way back from the beach this morning we met an Italian greyhound who had broken his leg. He was very brave, he had a lot of stitches. He is allowed to walk on it now but he’s not allowed to jump and there are sofas and chairs everywhere so he has to stay in a caged area for three months. I don’t think I’d like that, I like to sleep in lots of different places. 



This afternoon we have been for a coffee with Jackie. Well Nix’s version of ‘coffee’ is halloumi on toast with a decaf tea. Her excuse was that she’d had no lunch which is fair enough I suppose…if it’s true 🫢







Nix has a Zoom meeting this evening and a meeting at the vicarage tomorrow so looks like being churchwarden is going to keep her busy. I think this is a good thing as she’s been sitting around the house for long enough 🤣



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs