Trip To The Groomers, I Smell Very Nice Apparently 🙂

 


So I’ve been for my groom this morning. Nix wasn’t looking forward to the drive as storm Nelson was due to hit first thing. Nix had my waterproof coat with her but when we came out of the groomers it was quite sunny. We seem to have missed the worst of it so far but it might come later.





Once Nix has dropped me off she likes to go into the little Aldi shop. They had the small donut beds in there and they were really great. Nix thought the nearest big Aldi was a couple of hours away but the very helpful lady in there said there is a brand new one in Rustington which is only 30 minutes away.  I don’t really need any more beds but they are really cheap so we might drive over there next week as my original donut has seen better days and the covers don’t come off so it’s a bit grubby. 





After Nix has been to Aldi she walks down to the coffee shop but this entails crossing the level crossing which she is terrified of at the best of times. She was just picking her way across trying not to step on the metal rails even though they aren’t live or anything. She was halfway across when the alarms went off and they are really loud. They nearly gave Nix a heart attack apparently, I wish I’d been there to see it. 




We were going to church this evening so Nix could get her feet washed but she’s still coughing a bit and she doesn’t want to disturb everyone. We’ll go to the outside service tomorrow over in the churchyard and definitely to the sunrise one on the beach on Easter Sunday but this evening we’ll rest up. 



Nix was a bit worried when I wasn’t in my bed when she woke up but no need to worry, there were no puddles 😇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs