The Easter Sunday Service On The Beach Was Very Very Cold 🥶



Nix came to bed last night at 9.30pm as she had to be awake by 5am which would feel like 4am because humans will insist on moving the clocks for no apparent reason. I was able to wake her up at 11.30pm with one single bark which I thought was quite impressive. She came into the kitchen where I was and asked me why I was staring at the back door. Well I have no idea why I was doing that, one minute I was asleep next minute I was barking at the back door. I never go out of that door in fact I don’t think it’s been opened since we moved here eight years ago. I think I might have seen the fox running along next doors bicycle storage shed but I’m not really sure. Nix tried to encourage me back to bed but in the dark my tail must have gone in the water bowl and when it flapped around her legs she thought I’d wee’d myself which I had not. Honestly a chap has one accident…



Anyway we made it to the sunrise Easter service but it was very very cold…and dark. There was soon a fire going but neither Nix or I could get warm. I was trembling a lot and Nix felt quite poorly so as soon as everyone stood up for the peace, we left for home. It’s a shame as Nix missed communion but hopefully she will be back at church next week. I went straight to bed when we got home but Nix couldn’t stop shivering so in the end she put the electric blanket on and went back to bed too. 





This afternoon it has been very sunny so we went to the beach. There were lots of yachts out at sea and quite a few people around. I was very happy to meet James who is one of our neighbours. He was in the army and he got very badly injured so now he has to have carers all the time. We’ve seen him around but never had a chance to meet him properly. As we were leaving the beach he was sitting there in his special wheelchair and his carers were sitting on the benches. We went up and Nix introduced herself to James and the carers. I think James seemed to like Nix but he definitely liked me. I leaned up against him and he stroked me. At one point one of the carers lifted me under my front legs so James could reach me easier. Nix explained I was quite old and my back legs aren’t very strong but I didn’t mind just for a little while. 





Nix woke up and her top lip is swollen. We don’t know why but she quite likes it, just wishes the bottom lip would do the same 🙂



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs