Bit Of a Contretemps With a Black Lab π«’
I might have been a bit naughty, just a bit. I personally don’t think any of it was actually my fault but see what you think. I suppose I did wake Nix up at 3.30am this morning sticking my head round the blinds so I could look out. She thought I might need the loo so she let me out in the garden. I did not want the loo, I didn’t really even want to go out into the garden in the dark, I just wanted to look out of the window. Just because Nix has to go to the loo in the middle of the night doesn’t mean that everyone else does too π
Anyway as we have to leave home quite early on a Friday and as I’d ‘messed her around’ for over an hour she decided to stay awake. That was never going to work…she stayed awake until about half an hour before she had to get up and then fell asleep. So as you can imagine, she wasn’t in the best of moods as we set out for church. It wasn’t helped by me going ballistic over this black Labrador. I didn’t see it at first as I was having a drink and by the time I ‘became aware’ of it, it was quite a long way down the road. I started jumping around and barking and generally make an ‘arse’ of myself and embarrassing Nix. As we got to the bridge I could see the dog ahead and to Nix’s horror the owner had stopped to chat to someone right in the middle of the bridge which isn’t that wide. There was no way Nix was going to walk past that dog, she said it would have been too embarrassing. I’d have been throwing myself around and to be honest I didn’t fancy it either, I have a tendency to fall over these days. Anyway the owner stood chatting for ages and Nix thought she was going to have to brave it and apologise as I was dragged past barking. No need though, just as we were about to set off at speed, the owner finished her conversation and headed off over the bridge. Nix gave her a couple of minutes to get a head start and then we went over. I could easily have flattened that dog…just saying π
I made up for it by sleeping through the entire church service and then once I’d had my croissant I slept through the entire coffee time too so I was back in Nix’s good books. As my reward I got a trip to the Bluebird CafΓ© this afternoon. I really like that walk as there are so many dogs to say hi too and lots of good smelly stuff on the beach. Actually in one place the sea had brought the pebbles right up almost all the way to people’s houses. I don’t think I’d like to live there, I don’t swim that well and Nix not at all π«’
Nix tried to take a video of me ‘being naughty’ to show me up. It’s not very good and I’d calmed down a bit by then but I was still looking.














Comments
Post a Comment