Trip to the Airport…



 Guess what, when we got home from church this morning we were just getting out of the car on the drive when the whole sky lit up brightly. I don’t usually like that sort of thing but because it was daylight I didn’t really notice it. Shortly after that there were apparently some very loud bangs in the sky. Nix rushed me inside because if truth be known she’s really scared of them too but I didn’t hear a thing. I’m quite glad about that because we don’t want both of us to be scared, someone has to be in charge and of course that person should be me ๐Ÿ™‚





This afternoon it was a bit gloomy so we set out for the airport. We used to walk there via the houseboats but we drive part way there now. This is because Nix can’t manage the whole walk any longer, it’s a bit too much for her especially if it’s hot. She will try to make out it’s me that gets tired but this simply isn’t true. Nix decided to treat herself to a hamburger as we didn’t really have any lunch in and I was quite envious. It looked very yummy and I do like halloumi but Nix ate most of it. She did at least save me a couple of chips. I got a lot of attention when we were there, everyone wanted to know about me being deaf. 



We stayed at the airport for a while because Nix likes to watch the planes taking off and landing. She’s got this app that tells you where the plane is going and who owns it and what sort of plane it is. For someone who is terrified of flying I think that’s quite weird.  Anyway there weren’t many planes arriving or departing unlike yesterday when they were flying all day. There’s this one plane that flies right over our garden, Nix always waves ๐Ÿ™„ Anyway all of a sudden he cuts the engine and the plane just sails silently across the sky. Nix is convinced it’s going to crash into our garden even though it’s going in the wrong direction but apparently it’s something they do…not crash into our garden but turn their engines off. Nix thinks they should do it over the sea and not over our bungalow ๐Ÿซข Not being funny but a plane did land in someone’s garden in Shoreham after it had taken the roof off their house. We also had a plane crash into a field up near Mill Hill where we go for a walk and also one crashed into the sea right by our church! Nix will add photos…she’s obsessed ๐Ÿคฃ





It’s church cleaning day tomorrow so will be a bit of a busy morning. We then have the cafรฉ on Tuesday and it will be the last but one as Nix has decided to stop it. We started it as a warm space for anyone who perhaps couldn’t afford to heat their home but I don’t think there are many people like that living on the beach. We have had quite a few visitors but they are just people who are passing and mainly don’t live in the area. Looks like Nix and I will have to find something else to do on a Tuesday morning…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s My Birthday Tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

RIP Fripp 5.1.2010 - 8.2.25 ๐Ÿ˜ช

For All Of Fripp’s Followers ๐Ÿ™‚