Brooklands Park Today…the Horsebox Café was closed…



 Well anyone would think it’s summer, it’s been very hot today. We set out early this morning for our pre church walk and I wore my illuminated collar. I didn’t really need it, it wasn’t that dark but Nix says she doesn’t trust me for some reason. By the time we actually set out for church it was so hot, Nix didn’t need a jacket and that was very early this morning and it’s got hotter during the day. I don’t like it when it’s too hot, it makes me feel a bit sick. Speaking of being sick I was very sick last night but Nix thinks it’s one of the treats she bought me in the pet shop so I won’t be getting any more of those😕 I also left a couple of wet patches on the sofa when I had my head on Nix’s lap so it can only have come from one place…apparently. I’m going to get my flush done now as soon as Bron can do it. 




This afternoon we drove over to Brooklands Park. We had the air conditioning on so it was lovely and cool and Nix was listening to The Archers whatever that is. It was very hot in the park so we didn’t go too far and tried to stay in the shade. There was a very annoying dog down by the lake who wouldn’t leave me alone. He was very rude and over excitable and he wouldn’t go away. Nix asked the owner if he would make sure his dog didn’t jump on me but he was pretty useless. He kept trying to get  hold of the dog but the dog just avoided him. In the end he threw something for the dog to run after but we knew he would just follow us which is exactly what he did. As he was running towards us Nix shouted “No” and he just ran round her and started snapping at my face. In the end we did manage to get away but that man shouldn’t have a dog, especially that dog, he was a very bad owner. 




It’s Harvest Festival this Sunday so Nix and I will buy some food to take to church for the food bank and then afterwards we are having a Harvest lunch in the church hall. I think it’s actually going to be a ploughman’s lunch so Nix will take some halloumi as she doesn’t like ‘normal’ cheese 🙄 Neither does she like pickles which I understand is a necessary part of the dish. Sometimes you get meat too which Nix doesn’t eat so she will have her own version of a ploughman’s…I think that’s going to taste and look a bit weird but she says it’s better than just eating a salad. It’s a good job I’m not such a fussy eater 🤣

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs