Another Disastrous Airport Walk 🫢



 I keep walking in front of Nix…of course I do, I am a Bearded Collie. I can’t hear what she says any longer (thank goodness) but I know it off by heart.  “Fripp…you’ll have me over and then we’ll both be sorry…” I don’t need to hear her, I know what she’s saying but it won’t stop me because I have an inbuilt need to walk in front of her. I think she should be grateful really because I stop her walking too fast. She’s always falling over as you know so the faster you walk, the harder you fall. I think she should be grateful. 



Today we have the saga of the new electric toothbrush. She’s never had one before so was quite excited about getting it out of the box and trying it out. That was before she saw the instruction pages which are mainly in a foreign language. She found the bit that gives the instructions in English but it only gives warnings and environmental notices. The actual instructions are in picture form and they are very confusing. It doesn’t help that Nix’s model is a 3757 but the ‘instructions’ are for models 3708,3709, 3710 plus 3756, 3791 and 4729.  She decided to go with the 3756 as that is the closest only to discover that the plug is different to our plugs. We don’t have a shaver socket so Nix is wondering if she can use an adaptor. If anyone can help  we’d really appreciate it.




This afternoon we have been back to the airport walk, the bit that Nix said we would never ever go back to after the last visit. You may remember that I smelled something and ran down the hill and crossed the road. There aren’t many cars but it scared Nix enough for her to scramble down the hill on her bottom. Boy was she mad, I was put on my lead and marched the long way home because she couldn’t get back up the hill 🤣 Well today I had to stay on my lead most of the time until we got to the end of the walk where at the bottom of a steep slope there was a lovely clear stream. Nix let me off so I could go down and have a drink and cool off but when I tried to get out I got stuck. The stream was very sandy and my back legs got a bit stuck. The more I tried and failed the more Nix panicked so in the end she made her way down the slope…on her bottom 🤣 Just as she got to the bottom I had one more attempt and managed to get myself out. It’s a success story apart from the fact that Nix then couldn’t get back up the hill, it was too steep. Honestly I thought we were going to be there for the rest of the day. In the end she chose a bit where there are tall sturdy plants growing and she managed to pull herself up. I thought it was very funny, Nix didn’t…



So advice please…would an adaptor be the same as using a shaver socket. Does anyone actually have a shaver socket any longer🤔



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs