Bit of an Incident on the Beach Last Night 🫢

 You know how everyone wants me to be in a book…well great news, I am in a book. In fact I am in more than one book, they are called ‘The Bad Books’ and I am the star 😇 For some reason Nix isn’t speaking to me. When I say ‘for some reason’ it’s not that I don’t know why she’s not speaking to me but I’d prefer not to go into it too much though I shall inform you all because I know you won’t judge 😇



Suffice to say there was an incident on the beach yesterday evening. Nix wasn’t paying attention as usual and didn’t see the approach of the BCJ. The owner was wearing a baseball cap and was on his own and with Nix’s face blindness there was no chance of her recognising him. I was swift to act and raced down the boardwalk and flung myself at the BCJ. Unfortunately I did fall over in the middle of it and landed on my back on the pebbles. I was soon up though and back in action but can you believe I fell over again. I don’t think my legs are as strong as they used to be and Nix’s definitely aren’t. She came ‘running’ down the boardwalk and managed to grab me straight away. 


She apologised to the man and he said he thought it was about time I was kept on my lead at all times. Nix said that I get on really well with all other dogs and it seemed a pity as his dog was the only one I didn’t like. Anyway we got home and Nix thought about it and has decided that I shall have to stay on my lead when we go to the beach. As if that wasn’t bad enough she then decided to go round to where the BCJ lives and apologise properly and tell them I should always be on my lead on the beach as they have a right to walk in peace. Apparently the BCJ came running down the stairs to say hello to Nix and he was supposedly really lovely. Nix had to grovel quite a bit I believe, she’s not happy 🫢





Today I stayed on my lead for the beach walk but we have been to Southwick Hill this afternoon so I could have my freedom. It’s still very hot so we didn’t go very far. I rolled in something that smelled really weird. 




Oh yes poor Jackie and Peter next door got woken up at around 5am this morning because they had a gas leak and a passerby had reported it. They are still there now trying to fix it. Apparently there was gas leaking into the electricity meter so it was very dangerous, they came and checked our bungalow but it was okay. Jackie has a big hole in her driveway now. Took them ages, I could have done it much quicker 🤭




PS No dogs were bitten in ‘the incident’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs