The Summerhouse Roof Got Fixed at Last and I Dug Up The Garden Apparently 🤔



 Funny old day today. We had to go out very early because the man was coming to fix our summerhouse roof since some tiles blew off in the storm five months ago. I’ve decided humans aren’t always that bright. When they first replaced the tiles they put the wrong colour on. They told Nix they would darken in time which we all knew wasn’t going to happen. Anyway he came back today with the new tiles and when he placed the first one on Nix told him it looked exactly the same as the ones he’d just taken off. There was some huffing and puffing and talk of it maybe being a bit dusty and then he realised he’d put it on the wrong way up. As I say… humans 🙄



As it seemed the roof man was going to take a long time Nix decided we should go for a walk. We couldn’t take the car because Nix had told the chap he could park in the drive and now we couldn’t get the car out. Instead we had a wander down by the houseboats. You’ve already seen some of the lovely quirky ones so I thought I’d show you a couple of the ‘doer uppers’ 🤣 We went past the old toilet block too which they’re meant to be knocking down and building a smart restaurant. We know lots of people don’t really want it but it would be nice to have somewhere to stop for coffee when we go out on walks. 




When we got back the roof man was almost finished, he was very tidy and even hoovered the garden! We had a bit of a rest while Nix watched two more episodes of Hart of Dixie and then we went out again. I think Nix will need therapy when she runs out of episodes 🙄 We had a quick whizz round Buckingham Park, had a look at the community garden and came home and then I dug up our garden… oh no oops no I didn’t dig up our garden, I found it like that 😇



I got on Nix’s bed yesterday evening, I did dig that up 🙂



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs