We Were Going to Cissbury Ring But Didn’t…

 


So today we were going to go to the Cissbury Ring a place we’ve never been to yet. Then at the last minute Nix decided it was too far to go and too hot so we headed down to the river but on the other side this time. It actually did get quite hot so it was good to have the river to cool down in. We came back via the old tollbridge and it really is old. It was first built in 1781 which is a very long time ago. Before it was built people and animals used to have to go across the estuary on a raft. The bridge got very rickety but it was restored in 2008. Before that buses used to use it and it cost 6 old pennies to cross over 🙂 One of the buses actually crashed and fell in the river, no one was hurt though. Although it’s completely safe these days Nix still thinks it feels a bit rickety and is always waiting for it to collapse while we’re on it…🙄



My turkey mince arrived this morning so Nix has to get that cooked for me. She’s annoyed because everything I need for my meals arrived but loads of stuff she wanted for herself hasn’t arrived. She’s blaming Sainsbury’s but I think she’s getting a bit forgetful in her old age 🤔 What did arrive was some very boring looking stuff that Nix is actually going to eat for her breakfast. She says she needs to stop eating bread, can’t disagree there and needs to eat more healthily instead. I’m not looking forward to this, oats and seeds and fruit for breakfast 🫣 I’m thinking of taking bets to see how long she lasts, it won’t be long 🙂



Nix picked the first sweet pea today and it came from one of the plants I tried to dig up, not the new ones. I’m really glad I didn’t damage it too badly 😇



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs