It’s Nix’s birthday today, she’s 77…she’s definitely older than me now. I must say she’s had a lot of birthday messages from my fans so thank you for thinking of her, she’s very grateful because she doesn’t have that many friends of her own. To be honest when she woke up this morning she didn’t even remember it was her birthday. She’d already opened all her presents so there was nothing to remind her. Eventually Steve our postman came with more cards and then she remembered.



Nix got her booster vaccination today, what a good birthday present. She said the car park was a minefield with lots of old people reversing out of parking spots and not looking where they’re going. I had to remind her that she is one of those ‘old people’ 🤣



Last night wasn’t very good. I didn’t feel very well and I woke Nix up because I was digging in the bathroom. She came and got me and closed the door and went back to bed but I woke her up again when I was digging in the kitchen. It’s not my fault is it that she’s such a light sleeper. Anyway she was panicking of course and thought I was dying because of my low platelets. The problem is that when I had hardly any platelets at all I didn’t have any obvious signs of being unwell. In the end she put my collar on with the long lead attached and she went back to sleep with the one end round her wrist so she would wake up if I headed out of the bedroom again. I didn’t move, I slept right through the night and I’ve been fine today. 




This afternoon we have been into town with Jackie and Indie and we had strawberry and elderflower gateaux…it was yummy. We’re not going out this evening, Nix says she’s too tired. 



Nix said we drove past the BCJ yesterday and I didn’t even know he was there. She said I’m losing my touch…we’ll see 🤔


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs