Devil’s Dyke With Kathleen and Marshall
We are very late again aren’t we, that’s because Kathleen and Marshall have been visiting again. We went to Devil’s Dyke this morning, that’s the second time in a week for moi π We had a very good time but I found something really interesting to roll in and apparently I smelled really bad. Nix went slightly the wrong way because she was so busy complaining about my aroma and that meant we either had to go back again the way we’d come or climb up quite a steep hill. They went for the steep hill which wasn’t really that steep but it was painful to watch, they had to keep stopping. I’m twelve with arthritis and I didn’t have to stop once. Anyway thankfully they made it to the top with no cardiac arrests though this was a close thing. I think the pub waiting for them at the top spurred them on and finally they were able to sit down and rest.
I feel a second paragraph is necessary for the luncheon fiasco. Nix had a ‘Moving Mountains’ veggie burger and she decided it would have been easier to have moved a mountain than to have cut through that burger, it was rock hard. At one point it flew off Nix’s plate and very nearly landed in Kathleen’s lap π€£ Anyway Nix complained saying she’d need a Black and Decker to get through it and so they took it away and Nix had to wait for another one. They never brought Marshal’s meal at all, somehow it all got lost in translation. Everyone got served eventually and it was very enjoyable. Kathleen had a beef thingy and whilst I would not normally beg at the table that beef was too tempting π€ I didn’t get any because Kathleen ate it all but I did get some gravy π I also got an ice cream when we got outside, and I had a whole one all to myself π₯°
This afternoon we walked all the way up the boardwalk to the old fort which was very nice and we looked in all the posh houses on the way back. Nix loves it now she can see properly because basically she’s always been quite nosey.
Tomorrow we might be late again because it is Kathleen and Marshall’s last day. Nix has her booster vaccination so we are all going together and I can wait while Nix has it done. I was going to have to stay at home on my own so I’m very happy about that.
They laughed a lot today but they laughed the most when Marshall looked at a sign which to be fair was a little hidden by plants. He asked what a ‘Busturing’ was. No one knew so they inspected the sign which actually said ‘Keep Clear bus turning’ That kept them amused for hours, I went to sleep.





Comments
Post a Comment