Ten Years Ago Today, Nix Saw Me For the First Time 🥰

 



Ten years ago today Nix received a message from Liz Jay telling her about moi. I was born in France and so the request was in French. Nix used her schoolgirl French to translate and even though she was useless she could see I was looking for a home…she typically didn’t of course see the ‘translate’ button at the bottom 🙄 She says she fell in love with me as soon as she saw me…naturellement 🙄 Apparently I looked just like BIlly her previous Beardie who had gone to the Bridge a couple of months earlier. She got in touch with my breeder and said if I was in the UK she would take me in a heartbeat. My breeder said she was going to the UK in a few weeks for Crufts and she could  bring me over.  Nix agreed and the rest is history 👏👏👏 I did of course try to kill the cat on the first night and Nix has always said if I hadn’t come all the way from France she’d have sent me straight back again 🤣


Sadly Fakir and Fred my brothers went to the bridge far too early and I am very sad about that and sad for Christine and Iain their humans. Nix tells me I’ve been close a couple of times and I’m lucky to still be here. She says however long we are here on earth us Beardies are always a joy. 




We haven’t done much today, a wander down the beach at low tide, a quick look at the Artisans’ market and a spot of squirrel watching in the churchyard plus investigation of an old tree trunk. 




We are home now and I am resting mainly whilst keeping an eye on the blog 🙄




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs