Take a Candle to Church Week 😇

 


You know we walk to church along the beach.  Well it seems fairly normal for me to be in a different place to Nix. So…if she is up the top of the beach I like to be down by the sea, if she is down by the sea I like to be up the top. I see nothing wrong with this and it’s not my fault if she can’t see very far…I think she’s getting a bit clingy in her old age. By the way she has had her cataract thingies looked at and she can get them done in a couple of months. I have a feeling I shan’t be able to get away with quite so much once she can see properly again 🤔



This week in church is something called Candlemas. In the newsletter it said the congregation could bring along a candle to be blessed. Now Nix didn’t do stuff like that in her church in a London and she didn’t want to be the only person in the congregation who didn’t take a candle so she made sure she had hers with her. It’s a good job she’d bought a load when she though the Russians were going to cut all our energy off. Anyway I digress…the vicar asked everyone to hold their hand up if they’d brought a candle to church. Nix proudly held up her hand only to realise she was the only one that had taken one, no one else had. I thought that was hilarious and so did everyone else in church…they laughed a lot 🤣



I have to say that I was laughing too until the dreaded microphone made a very loud popping noise. I jumped up and banged my head on the pew which frightened me even more. I dragged Nix outside, I didn’t want to stay there, it was very scary. I might wear my new scarf next week as it will go over my ears and block out the sound.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs