A Lazy Hazy Day Today π
We’ve had a lazy hazy day today while Nix continues to recuperate. She is still coughing but not nearly as much. Unfortunately it gets worse when she goes to bed and that’s when I hate it. Last night at midnight she was coughing so I asked to go out and she decided it would be easier to just let me out. She made sure I wasn’t digging up the garden but to be honest I just wanted to get some kip. I went down the side entrance and crashed out. When Nix woke up at 5am (still coughing) I was nowhere to be seen. She put her dressing gown on and found me exactly where she left me last night. I’d slept there all the time even with my new haircut. Nix was horrified and wanted to know why I hadn’t come back in once she’d gone to sleep. She says she will leave the summerhouse door open tonight so if I want to stay out again tonight I can sleep on the sofa. I quite liked it out there, it was lovely and quiet and I could keep an eye open for the foxes and it wasn’t really that cold.
We went to the cafe at the end of the beach this morning. We didn’t stay because Nix thought it wouldn’t be good to sit in the cold. She got a hot chocolate and I got a treat and we walked home. I did have a canter along the boardwalk and a lady said I looked like a pony π
This afternoon we walked over the bridge into town and it was actually quite busy. We bumped into Jackie and Peter our next door neighbours and had a chat with them, they had Indie with them. Then a lady came up to Nix and asked her if she used to live at Brighton Marina. We stayed there while our bungalow was being refurbished so it was three years ago. She said she would always remember moi π I got lots of compliments on my hairdo (I wore the blue bow today) and lots of people wanted to take my photograph. It’s quite nice for Nix because she doesn’t get out a lot and she gets to chat to people.
I just woke up from my afternoon nap and everything was ready for moi. My tea, my antibiotics and my Propalin…it’s good to have servants I think π Nix has had her cough medicine so I’m hoping to go back for another nap while she types out the blog π
Comments
Post a Comment