Devil’s Dyke Today, Lots of People and Some Cows πππ
We’ve had a lovely day so far and we’ve met lots of people, lots of dogs, some cows and a horse. The horse belongs to Jane Owen and we bumped into her and her Beardie Wilfred on our way to the beach. It’s a very low tide at the moment and there’s lots of sand so the horses can have a canter.
I managed to get Nix out before noon for our next walk. It’s not my fault I was ‘over excited’ she shouldn’t have mentioned Devil’s Dyke because I love it there. We walked quite a long way and we got to this gate and a very nice lady on a bicycle asked if it was okay to open it for Moi. Nix thanked her for being so thoughtful and we charged through…well I charged, Nix not so much. We were just about to set off on the next part of our journey when Nix turned round to see me staring at a big bunch of cows. I know it’s my job but I would never try to herd them but Nix said they didn’t know that and she didn’t like the way they were looking at us. Nix can move pretty quickly when she needs to and we were back through that gate as fast as you could say “Cows don’t like people with dogs!”π€£
We’re home now and Nix is planning a trip to the beach sans moi so I’m guarding the exit. She’ll still go of course but I like the chance to make her feel really bad about it and perfect my ‘separation anxiety’ expression.








Comments
Post a Comment