It Was Too Hot for my Coat

 As you know I have a new coat and it has these elastic bits for my legs to go through to stop the coat from sliding off. Thing is I don’t really like having my back legs lifted. First of all Nix is really not very good at it and secondly as you know I am a disabled dog as I have no ball joint in one of my hips. I don’t like my disabled leg being lifted and thrust through the elastic and I don’t like standing on it while the other leg is thrust through. I caused such a fuss...apparently... that Nix sent off for some press stud thingies and last night set about cutting the elastic and sewing on the thingies. Its not something I want to watch again 😱 First of all it took her at least half an hour to actually thread the needle and once she’d done that she realised she only had some cheap old cotton which kept breaking. All in all she spent most of the evening doing both sides and collapsed in a heap when she’d finished saying she was exhausted. That sewing box hasn’t seen the light of day for decades so I reckon the cotton had just rotted. 




This morning the temperature had gone up a lot and it was dry and quite warm. Nix went out without gloves or a hat but insisted I wear my coat as she’d spent so long on it last night.  I only took about three steps and one of the elastics pinged open. Nix kept fastening it again but it wouldn’t stay closed. She said the press studs were useless and took my coat off...result. She then had to carry it up to the fort and back still complaining about the press studs but of course we all know that thing about bad workman don’t we 🤣



This afternoon we have been to the woods near the beach. Nix likes it there because all the mud comes off in the sea. When we were by the woods I spotted a squirrel. I took off but didn’t see the big puddle until the last minute. I didn’t want to risk going through it in case it was deep so I jumped right over it. Everyone was very impressed except Nix who said I’d better not have damaged my port as I have my flush tomorrow. 





Guess who we bumped into last night, he was on the lead and so was I. I went ballistic and he just ignored me...very annoying 🤔

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs