To the Woods



 Look if people don’t put fences up then they can’t expect me not to go into their garden. Nix running over the pebbles shouting, “Get out, get out!” was never going to work but it was fun to see her try. 




We got as far as the old fort and somehow I managed to get myself on the wrong side of the barriers.  Nix said I don’t pay attention but the same could be said of her. I always know where she is where as she never knows where I am. Again shouting, “Go back, go back” was never going to work. I wanted her on my side of the barrier, it’s more fun and there are more fish.




This afternoon has been more relaxing and we have been to the woods. I met a very nice little boy who was really scared of dogs because he got chased by one so Nix explained it’s best not to run. She asked him if he’d like to give me a treat and he said yes. I think he was very brave even though he dropped it in the mud before I could get it. His second attempt was more successful. 




I got an extra walk down to the beach to get my feet clean but there was no lemon drizzle cake on the way back, not that I ever get any of it. 






Nix sewed up my bed that I ripped open by mistake...she’s not much of a seamstress 🙄






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Wanted to Know About Fripp

Too Much Noisy Rain

Big Boats and Little Dogs